Friday, August 19, 2011

Don't you just love White on White..

...with just a touch of colour?? I haven't made a white card for so long and I'm not sure why! I just love the clean,crisp look you get. There has been quite a few white on white challenges lately and although I think I've missed most of them I thought I'd give it a go!! And I'm so glad I did! In fact I loved the look so much, that this is actually the second card I made!! I don't have it anymore though, my sister saw it and loved it so she bought it... It always boosts my confidence when someone loves a card as much as I do!!



This photo doesn't do the card any justice, it doesn't look as clear as it actually looks. I'm trying out for a DT position at Emerald Faeries Garden so I used Isla  and coloured her in with Tria markers then painstakingly cut her out.:)  And for the rest of the card I just embossed the white card, added some white ribbon, the rhinestones and a sentiment that Ann Vento from Raindrop Echo Designs created for me!! Thanks Ann!!

I am entering this into the following challenges:
* Emerald Faeries Garden Challenge - Birthdays
* Craft us Crazy -  Anything Goes
* The Pixie Cottage - Sketch and/or Birthdays
* Craft Room Challenge - White on White
* A Gem of  a Challenge - White on White
* Challenge up Your Life - No Patterned Paper

Be sure to come back in a few hours for the Digi Bell's Blog Hop!! Lots of inspiration to be seen and a new digi!!

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Simply stunning. Thank you for joining us at Craft-room challenge and good luck with your DT quest, hope you are lucky :o) If this card is anything to go by they will snap you up! Hugs

    Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card I love it Leath. The sentiment is so cute, good luck with the DT position xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This so pretty and stylish I love the image and it must have taken you ages to cut it out. I love it. Thanks for joining us Craft-Room Challenge and good luck. Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card love that sentiment! Good luck with the DT this should really help! Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Hun & I just bet it is stunning IRL too! Beautifully designed & your colouring is perfect too! Thank you for entering the DT Call for the Emerald faeries Garden Hun xox

    Hugz, deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is gorgeous! The embossing looks fab on the textured card, and the image is coloured beautifully! Good luck with your DT entry, and with our draw, and thanks for joining in at the Craft-Room Challenge. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card and what a fun image. Thanks so much for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge. Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Alethea, love taht image and works really well with the white background- thanks fro joining us at craft room challenge- debi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Alethea, cant believe you hand cut around the dandelion! (that is something i would do lol) Good Luck with the challenge and thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faerie Garden
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card Alethea. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This crad is so cute!!! =) the image is very very pretty, and I love the embossed paper...
    thanks for playing along at THE PIXIE COTTAGE
    hugs
    Sadia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, absolutely gorgeous card! I love this white on white stuff :) Fantastic!
    Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a happy image,
    gorgeous card!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super fun card, I can see why your sister wanted it - love that image and she looks great against the white background! Thanks so much for joining our craft room challenge....Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderfully cute birthday card. Thanks for playing with The Pixie Cottage this week.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! Love the white theme. Thanks for playing with us at the Emerald Faerie Garden. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yup I LOVE white on white - and your card is such a gorgeous example of WHY!
    Thanx for joining us in The Emerald Faerie Garden this week
    xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!