Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A very BIG Welcome and a card!!

Before I start waffling, as I always do, I just wanted to Welcome all my new followers (and hopefully friends in the future) and thank you all for  the lovely comments you have made. It really has boosted my confidence with my card making and I only hope that I can create some magical cards this year! I must say Thank you to Karen over at Feline Playful for doing the Give a comment, receive a comment!!!
So now that I have many new followers who I know love to see more inspiration I'd like to share you with my friend Sam over at Sew many Crafts, So little Time. She is a scrapper, card maker and quilter and her creations are amazing!! So please take a few minutes and head on over there and follow her blog as I know you will be inspired!!
So I have finally managed to find some time to make a card in between baking for my son's 6th birthday which is coming up on Friday!! He is counting down the days, I'm still wondering if I've forgotten to buy anything!! Am doing last minute shopping Friday morning, then will wait for the 15 kids to turn up!! ARRGGHH am I crazy??? I will post photos of some of the baked delights that I am making as I have found some wonderful new cooking blogs that I am making things from!! I can't wait!!
          Anyway beofre I get to my card just wanted to share my excitement... I won more Blog Candy! The most generous person in blog land (that i know of so far in my short blogging journey) Jacque over at Jacque's Joie de Vivre has a lot of blog candy on her blog at the moment and this afternoon I found out that I won this:
 I can't begin to tell you how excited I was, sorry, am!! I have been looking at these Lily of the Valley stamps for ages cos they are sooooo cute but have yet to purchase any! But now I can wait a bit longer cos they'll be heading my way just as soon as Jacque digs her way out of the snow!! LOL!! Thanks Jacque!!
So now onto my card!! You will have to excuse the poor picture!! I took it in a rush this morning ( before I sent it) and didn't realize how out of focus it was!! I haven't done this card with any challenges in mind! It's my dad's birthday tomorrow so needed a card for him so at midnight last night after baking sausage rolls and pizza scrolls and halfway through making choc chip cookie dough truffles, I put this card together.

 I embossed the background with the Tim Holtz embossing folder and then sanded the paper so the green would come through!! And I paper pieced the cup cake pan! I added the buttons at the last minute cos I thought it looked   a bit plain for my liking!!! He's very cute Henry mouse isn't he??
Well I need to get back to baking. Will be back in the next day or two with another card or two.. I need to get my son's birthday card done!!

Until Next time... Enjoy!! xx

9 comments:

  1. Love your card, cute and masculine, nice work. Congratulations on the Candy win, i'm sure you'll have lots of fun with that, and make some beautiful cards:)
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!!! And what a cute card! love all those tiny buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I won a package from Jacque last month and love it. Your card is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Alethea and enjoy using your goodies! Hope to catch up sometime this year. Heard you can't come on Sunday so have a great day whatever you do! Hope your son has a fabulous birthday!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this image - the smile is so great. I like your colour choices and the way you've used the buttons. Very nice!

    Your Feline Playful friend, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I am a little late but I came over from Feline Playful. I am a new follower too. Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
    http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2010/01/hummingbird-love-by-lori-hairston.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card Alethea... the image is so cute.
    I have found your blog on Feline's playful.. and I am a new follower.
    Hugs, Neeti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really sweet and cute card. Love the buttons together with the embossed circles. Goes really well together.
    Love n hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!